youview box after leaving bt

It seems to be working fine now. margin: 0 .07em !important; The below will appear on the email currently with the title of "About the services you're stopping". height: 1em !important; Brilliant instructions. Hi, Thanks. Its great that you managed to keep the old recordings from your original Youview hard drive. With the lid clipped back in place turn the box upside down and fit the 4 long screws. Im at a loss. Am I being mislead by BT here to keep me paying? This will restart your box, initialise the new hard drive and run through the software setup procedure for the box. Our box packed up giving that irritating occasional beeping noise whilst stuck on the loading screen. Hi, I have tried your method and my 2100 youview box just goes to black screen after I press the power button to enter maintenance mode. Thanks again for these instructions, and good luck to anyone else fixing their YouView box . Poor and old people among those who are less satisfied with the BBC, according to Ofcom, as BBC accused of chasing younger users. document.attachEvent('on' + evt, handler); It's also on retail PVR set-top boxes from Humax. New replacement drive works a treat. The two medium length screws hold the PCB to the base. You can also buy or rent the latest films and box sets from the. I run it on Win 10 and it is easy to follow, has a safety feature because you have to apply or tick the box to actually start to do the copy etc nice if you are just new to copying drives etc. Or maybe not. document.detachEvent('on' + evt, handler); In BT 's case the operator will charge up to 50 for their broadband routers and up to 115 for their YouView TV set-top-boxes, although you can of course simply return them when switching away and avoid the fee entirely. } Tried maintenance mode, software repair brings it back to the loop, factory resets with keeping the recordings failed. A YouView Box FAQ Some On Demand apps are only available in certain regions. I doubt if complaining to BT would be effective. I then found an old laptop HD and tested it with the SATA to USB cable before fitting it in the DVR. It requires a username and password to unlock it. Is that to be expected? They have nothing to do do with the functionality of the actual YouView box itself. Brilliant guide many thanks for publishing. Simon, on a BT or TT supplied YouView box (including second hand bought ones) both BT and TT are only responsible for their own services, which are only the live channels and Video on Demand features they provide. We have manydifferent YouView boxes, because they are all slightly different, we have different instructions for them. All Rights Reserved. I have factory reset with saved recordings and still not fixed. You may be able to get it working again by going into Maintenance Mode and performing a reset, but it will probably fail again after being in standby for a while. JamesB Member Posts: 841 15 October 2013, 8:04PM A moderator in the BT Forum has confirmed that the box will still work after cancelling. Channel Nakoni Alamat Ng Pilipinas, It keeps on trying to start but never gets there. Also worth noting as an aside that the first customer service agent told me that I only had a weekend and evening call package (wrong!) Thanks Again! Release both buttons a few seconds after the BT logo appears on the TV screen. I ordered SATA cable to connect the drive to computer and see if it works this way although not sure if its not gonna reset the disk now, like youve mentioned it at the beginning. Sourced one from eBay for about a tenner. Had to remove the large heat sick under the PCB to get the old hard-drive to slide out. Everything went swimmingly, but there was no sound. I tried to run disk check. West Sussex I have decided to cancel bt tv as we are moving house. Worked a treat, thank you. To help this run smoothly, make sure: Your box is plugged into the mains and the power switch on the back is switched on. .wocommerce button.button:hover, .woocommerce input.button:hover, .woocommerce #respond input#submit.alt:hover, .woocommerce a.button.alt:hover, Ill just endorse a couple of points made by Keri above the sticky pad holding the original drive had me cursing, and a bit of firm persuasion was required to get the drive out. Quick question, is there any reason you cant use any 2.5 drive? Unlike the set-top box of old, YouView tries to give you the best of both worlds: digital and IP TV. Which is actually more likely, coming from poorly trained staff for whom TV training just seems to be an over-skim. Everything else will continue to work perfectly. Again, many many thanks. You should now have a fully repaired YouView box! Microsoft and partners may be compensated if you purchase something through recommended links in this article. Everything works perfect thanks to your easy to understand instructions. Select Done *Settings can be found via the cog in the top right corner of the Menu. Excellent instructions. I successfully managed to replace a failed Seagate hard drive with a 1Tb Western Digital. The constant writing to disk by the Youview box, even when not recording a programme, will quickly wear out an SSD and it will fail. Some boxes were fitted with a Seagate 500Gb drive instead, part number ST500VT000. Thanks for the guide. Its in their commercial interest not to advertise the consumers rights. for (var i = 0; i < evts.length; i++) { As Graham pointed out, whether you continue to receive all the channels depends on where your new address is. Place the PCB back in the bottom half of its casing. 2 avenue lalla amina tabriquet sal, Heures de travail: Any Ideas? I had a spare 640GB drive from a laptop with a broken screen. YouView TV Ltd 2023. YouView is a broadband internet ( IPTV) based video-on-demand and catch-up TV platform that is being bundled by several ISPs across the United Kingdom and has also been sold at retail. OFCOM, maybe. Will my YouView box from BT work if I decide to leave BT? and that I would need to return the YouView box to BT (almost certainly wrong!). Many Thanks. Thanks for the feedback Keri! I switched it off with the unit power button, but now when I try to switch it back on there is no power nothing happens at all. You could have a conflict with the powerline adaptors. Make sure you keep the box in standby. And if so to what format please? . I used Gparted as I am running Linux Mint. Channel Nakoni Alamat Ng Pilipinas, Easy to do the replacement. I wonder if TRIM optimisation has be running on the SSD? they wont fully emerge from their rubber mounts and will stay under the metal shield but they will release the drive. Thanks. UTV unavailable on YouView via catch up/on demand. After buying a new Seagate ST500VT000 hard drive I turned it back on and did a software reset and everything is working as before. As I said above I unplugged the Internet from it for that day but that's probably not required. Since taking on regulation of the BBC, it's become particularly concerned that audiences in . As I said above I unplugged the Internet from it for that day but that's probably not required. Its also the consumers responsibility to understand their rights, which is why using these forums helps. We always conscious about the amount of energy we use. That foam pad is a heat-conductive pad so make sure you keep it in place for the new drive. It is headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Dream Mat Mousse Quelle Teinte Choisir, display: inline !important; @media only screen and (max-width: 600px) { #masthead { margin-bottom: 381px; } } Teslin Fake Id, BT Player only available to BT broadband customers. If there is no red light when the power switch on the back is switched on then this would make me suspect a problem with the onboard power circuitry. That is completely untrue. It worked fine connected to the laptop but DVR still not working. The ultra-compact YouView box gives you 7 days of catch-up TV and the full range of Freeview channels. Any suggestions how to keep the recordings before I try that option as a last resort? } Now you can see the original YouView hard drive. Youview recording failed This is another one that is usually caused by either your internet connection, or also possibly your broadband connection too. Nice and easy steps to follow, plus the photos. Without trying to enter maintenance mode it just loops around the loading screens and doesnt boot. Hi, I have just received my first YouView box with recording facility from BT (500gb) and having read your really excellent instructions I cant wait for it to fail so I can fit a larger hard drive just a joke! The drives are interchangeable but if in doubt replace like with like. These are also AV grade drives and are available online through eBay here. This guide covers the 500Gb models made by Humax for BT and Plusnet. BT Vision+ Pace DiT7431/052B Digital Freeview Box Receiver 160GB HDD Recorder The 165960205623 BT VISION+ PACE DiT7431/05_2B Digital Freeview Box Receiver 160GB HDD Recorder - $24.71. 11 and it clones hdds ssds and NVME ssds too. Hi, What software did you use to clone the drive? Following your advice I purchased an alternative hard drive off eBay and followed the instructions, which were excellent. Is this really the case, as I thought these were key features of the box? Thanks for your very clear easy to follow instructions which helped this 69yo silver surfer fix his box in minutes!! var logHuman = function() { Your box is connected to your TV witha HDMI or Scart cable and that the correct Source/ input is selected on your TV. I am through my power line adapters. Seagate ST500VT000 drives were fitted as an alternative to the WD drives in some boxes. BT YouView box went faulty yesterday, found your guide, which I found really easy to follow. If so why are BT misleading customers into believing that they need to return their YouView box? Just repaired Humax T2120, from failed Seagate 500 GB to Toshiba 1tb. Make sure the physical power switch on the back of the box is switched off, then reconnect all the cables to the box. !function(e,a,t){var n,r,o,i=a.createElement("canvas"),p=i.getContext&&i.getContext("2d");function s(e,t){var a=String.fromCharCode;p.clearRect(0,0,i.width,i.height),p.fillText(a.apply(this,e),0,0);e=i.toDataURL();return p.clearRect(0,0,i.width,i.height),p.fillText(a.apply(this,t),0,0),e===i.toDataURL()}function c(e){var t=a.createElement("script");t.src=e,t.defer=t.type="text/javascript",a.getElementsByTagName("head")[0].appendChild(t)}for(o=Array("flag","emoji"),t.supports={everything:!0,everythingExceptFlag:!0},r=0;rplease wait, loading but then it switches off (red light), switches on again and goes through the same procedure. How To Become A Commercial Diver In South Africa, After a trouble-free 18 months, we turned on to find it had gone into maintenance mode screen. Dream Mat Mousse Quelle Teinte Choisir, The 320GB HDD in my neighbours Talktalk DN372T failed. Once you complete your initial 12 month contract your box is 100% yours to keep. As I said above I unplugged the Internet from it for that day but that's probably not required. I installed my new HDD into my 4k box. Its still working fine with an average usage of 7 hrs live tv per day. Turn the power on using the switch found on the back of yourbox. However, good to hear that you got your neighbours up and running again with an internet reset. 20 minute job and around same for setting up after reset. The metal plate and the back panel are one piece so after removing the remaining screws on the back panel you should be able to remove the PCB from the plate. I read a comment that if BT waking up appears, I may not need Maintenance mode. So I just called BT customer services to cancel my BT TV package because Im out of contract and since I only have the BT TV service to watch football and since the football season is over there isnt any point in paying for it during the off season. The Vision+ is an update to the 165960205623. If you cant there might be some other fault with the box such as failed RAM or flash storage. Hopefully that will be good for a couple of years and then Ill replace it with a new one. But it still doesnt work same as before, it wont enter maintenance mode and doesnt load. YouView is supposed to be a box you can use without a subscription. It will just record Freeview off air but internet channels may not be available especially subscription ones, it may or may not be compatible with such services from another internet provider. Fantastically well-written guide, thank you! Had a little difficulty removing the drive due the the sticky pad underneath but, once released, it came out easily. Get in touch. If you're able to, make a note of all your preferred settings and scheduled recordingsas you will lose them once you've completed a Maintenance Mode reset. My box has just died, took the hd out and reformated it in fat32 looks ok, put it back in and tried to do the factory reset, but it only shows maintanance mode, and then goes to loading up, no other messages, any ideas please. Just fitted ebay hard drive no software reset gone back to its old settings bt waking up then youview loading maintenance setting just flashed on screen just once. This orientation of the box might affect the passive cooling of the other components, possibly improving it! We need to access Maintenance Mode from the start up screen. first time I have ever done anything like this and I followed this step by step and Im happy to say I am up and running. Maintenance mode is used to recover your box when something has gone wrong with it. 1 Service Alert Using Ultra HD A YouView Box FAQ Go beyond Full HD and see the difference with Ultra HD. In 1968, he started what would later become his largest business venture, consumer electronics company Amstrad.In 2007, he sold his remaining interest in the company in a deal to BSkyB for 125m.. Sugar was the chairman and part-owner of Tottenham . I then initialised the drive but didnt format it (using Windows 10 disk manager) but that made no difference. Thanks, Hi Anyone have this for a 1TB drive? Les champs obligatoires sont indiqus avec *, Adresse: The email isegregiously misleading and I suspect deliberately so, in order toobfuscate people rather than enlighten them. Turn the box over so it is bottom up and using a knife peel off the warranty sticker shown below: Remove the four screws then turn the box the right way up before removing the lid. Ordered a replacement Seagate drive, followed the procedure above and happy days!! "source": "", I can hear hard drive starting up with a quiet whirr but then stops. Thank you again! Thanks for the info I have changed the drive but the maintenance mode does not some up does the disk have to be formatted?

The Boathouse Kennebunkport Wedding, Louisiana Sausage Companies, Articles Y