stubhub refund policy change

According to the complaint,StubHub has walked away from its longstanding FanProtect guarantee of cash refunds upon event cancellation. BEN: THE ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE SAYS IT RECEIVED ABOUT 100 COMPLAINTS FROM MASS RESIDENTS REGARDING STUBHUBS POLICY CHANGE. Weve also historically offered sellers more convenience by paying them for ticket sales on our platform before events actually happen. I purchased two lana del rey tickets but when I arrived they said my tickets were not valid ? Did StubHub's changed ticket refund policy violate Massachusetts law? StubHub countered that criticism with its contention that it was simply impossible to provide cash refunds due to the volume of money involved, and the need to claw back payments from ticket sellers on their platform who had already been paid out for the events that were subsequently cancelled. Explain your scenario, and provide any applicable evidence. Received only one of two tickets in one package. I called immediately but received the same reply, "No refunds!" How is it that I paid $140 for these tickets and tried selling them through stub hub only to walk away being charged $176 on top of the $140 I paid for tickets. I bought 2 tickets to kaskade at Brooklyn mirage, only to be told at the door my tickets were already scanned and not valid. In normal times, weve made the decision to refund buyers before collecting money from the seller to offer buyers more convenience. Im sensing a nice class action lawsuit coming your way. Last time I'll probably use StubHub. No money back, no excuse as they claim this is the seller fault who mixed the tickets.. My 500 USD are already there for 1 month. Yes tonight I was buying US Open Tickets and meant to buy Day session and by accident I bought night session. In Maryland, for example, more than 8,500 residents are expected to see refunds, with StubHub also on the hook for a civil penalty of over $424,000 if StubHub doesnt meet the terms of the settlement. So you don't think it's possible the original buyer got refunded and we just don't know about it? A cookie set by YouTube to measure bandwidth that determines whether the user gets the new or old player interface. Once we have clear actionable next steps, we will be sure to notify our fans via email! Of course! She said to late sorry. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously. They told me their tech would review it. For sure I can warn any one who is going to use this service. Other sellers may take a case-by-case policy. Thanks. Get valid tickets to any event or your money back, We go out of our way to find replacement tickets if there is an issue with your order, If your event is canceled and not rescheduled, you will receive a credit worth 120% of the amount you paid for the impacted event or the option of a cash refund, Set your price and adjust it at any time before your tickets sell, Get fast and hassle-free delivery followed by timely payment. It reads Refund in Progress. Email is another option for requesting a refund. Now they are saying they will give us a coupon for events canceled. How long until my credit card is credited back? This comes as the UKs Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) confirmed last month it proposes to accept a series of promises from the companies, which would include selling off all of StubHubs business outside North America. Most of us didn't leave yet! They said outta luck. Checked my status for my refund on two events. I lost my debit card and someone used it to purchase wwe Wrestlemania tickets and I didn't authorize them and I want my refund back. It means they ripped me off, I guess. You will enter your community username and new password and done! Unconscionable Money grabbers. Instead, customers will receive 120 percent of the price they paid for their tickets in the form of a voucher. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Apparently they have a flawed process where the seller can cancal the trnasaction even though the funds were already paid. If you're not seeing that credit in your account and you didn't get an email it may be possible that the event is still in a postponed status and the venue/band/promoter hasn't yet confirmed that the show is cancelled, in which case we won't have it cancelled on our end. Well apparently StubHub doesn't follow this procedure and they refuse to refund my money. Apprently the man who sold us the tickets returned them after his money cleared to his pay pal account and after he had sent people in line with "barcode issues" that had ordered from stubhub that could not get into the concert and the manager had the he would "escalate" the issue. 5 days later after i printed the tickets and submitted payment, the seller can change his or her mind at anytime? Your service is terrible and not worth the fee. Stub hub wants me to spend $200.00 for a transfer fee they say I will get back with the Full refund How can I spend money to get My money back when we lost our jobs? Stubhub does not accept returns and does not have a return policy. Consumers in several states will receive long-delayed refunds from StubHub, according to a multi-state settlement of lawsuits brought in the wake of a shift in the ticket resale companys refund policy in 2020. ""You can't change the rules midstream," said Edgar Dworsky of Consumerworld.org. Concert was postponed to October and was just canceled. They explained to us the person who registered the wristband could show up to the event and claim they lost it. Bill Brown also turned to StubHub for a production of "Les Miserables" at the Citizens Bank Opera House. StubHub has agreed to settle a complaint filed Tuesday by AG Yost in Franklin County Common Pleas Court. Following backlash from customers, the ticketing company responded in a statement this week. State law says it's a deceptive trade practice "to fail to perform any promises made to a buyer in connection with the refund. Customers say yes, >> JANUARY 24, WE PURCHASED THE TICKETS. I tried transferring through Wells Fargo and they didn't let me transfer. I immediately called StubHubs customer service since I didn't see a way to cancel the order online and couldn't find the Refund or Order Cancellation policies. It's not fair to the seller or stubhub. The company blamed the difficulty of recouping from sellers during the pandemic. They opened up a tech investigation and realized that it did not actually state on the original order alcohol free section. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. StubHub said they would not accept that because the actual tickets needed to be picked up in front of the theater. Stub hub is asking me for "proof of transfer" when Wells Fargo never gave me the option to transfer these tickets. When I called to get a refund, I was told my tickets were valid and they refused to give me a refund. I want to know what the point of the "protection plan" is that they have? BUT BY THE END OF MARCH, REFUNDS WERE SUDDENLY GONE. They also told me that because I did not call them right then and there (and, you know, miss my concert) that I would not be getting a refund. I will be putting a hold on my credit card for the tickets and they can fight me. But by the end of March, refunds were suddenly gone. Even in there confirmation they say check your tickets to make sure they are the right ones but yet had nothing they will do if they sent the wrong ones. I called them within minutes to inform then that they made a mistake and their position was nothing they could do, no order cancellation, nothing. The suit explains howStubHub has changed its refund policy as the novel coronavirus wreaked havoc on the live event business. The refund will typically process within 5 to 8 business days. What about Canada? The ticketing firm, which was acquired by Viagogo for $4.05bn in 2020, announced this weekend that customers who purchased tickets for events in the US and Canada prior to March 25, 2020 and were defaulted to a 120-per-cent credit when their event was cancelled, now have the choice to keep their credit or default to a cash refund. "I finally got a supervisor on the line and he said 'No. Just showed up to the McGregor Aldo UFC fight with three other friends with very expensive tickets we bought on StubHub ($1253.00 each). Don't do it! This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. Stubhub does not accept returns. "These consumers made a deal with StubHub," he said. Saatva Mattress Review: Our Pick for the Best Overall Bed of 2023, We Found 12 Cute Planters and Flower Pots That Cost Less Than $25, Here's Where to Watch and Stream Marvel's 'Ant Man and the Wasp: Quantumania' Online. Bought tickets for James Taylor and Bonnie Raitt. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads. Completely unacceptable to sell tickets and then not provide them at the last minute, then keep the customer's money for up to 10 days and ruining plans. StubHub retroactively changes cancelled event refund policy due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Talk to a Lawyer, Free Gibbs Law Group filed a complaint on May 1, 2020 against StubHub for refusing to refund customers who purchased tickets for events that have been cancelled in light of COVID-19. We will process the refund to your original payment method within 5 days. I have explained this to them and basically they don't give a crap. Stubhub STOLE THE MONEY FROM ME!!!!! StubHub Return Policy [Quick Information]. A lot of tickets sold on stubhub are individual people. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY! First off, what's to stop someone from purchasing tickets, printing the PDF ticketed right away and then claiming they accidentally ordered the tickets ? We lost the concert for that. You should only sell what's actually available. IT WAS NOT DISCLOSE THAT THE VIEW OF THE FIELD WAS OBSTRUCTED. This is insane you take all our money then just day here we are gonna just give you something else that you didnt even want. I will NEVER use Stubhub again. I'm out $200 because this was a last minute purchase and I know that no one will pay that amount for a single seat at a Broadway show (well not for the seat chosen). Use of this website signifies your agreement to our. Wow. Contact StubHub customer care at 1-866-STUBHUB (1-866-788-2482) or customerservice@stubhub.com as soon as possible. When both men bought their tickets in January, StubHub's "FanProtect" guarantee promised full refunds if their events were canceled. I would've been able to see Chris Brown. Terrible service as solution they've suggested me to sell them again, so fraud other people! This is ridiculous never using them again. I do not want someone to buy my tickets without the same disclosure available. So i grabbed 2 tickets ( I checked after they went on sale). As a secondary marketplace, refunds through the primary source would not affect your compensation if the event was cancelled. I contacted StubHub who assured me that the disclosure was there as a part of my purchase and as a part of my listing. We're not refunding money at this point,'" Cormier said. StubHub won't refund my money. I'm really disappointed by Stubhubs customer service and that they don't have a Order Cancellation or Refund Policy on their website. Didn't find out until day before event. StubHub will offer refunds for canceled events but not postponed events. The parking pass was sent to me with in 5 mins. StubHub has made a U-turn on the no-refund policy it adopted in March 2020 and is offering ticket holders cash refunds for tickets to events that were cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. As a result, weve enacted new policies in the US and Canada that we believe are clear and fan-first.. Or choose from the following popular destinations. Then they told me that it would be 7 days before I would get my money back I told him had 3 days to get my money back. We made the long trek to the venue, spent some money on merchandise, drinks/food and then found out that the artist we were there to see was a no show. I purchased a Citi field parking pass for Mets opening day. Said cancellation was glitch. StubHub itself admitted no wrongdoing in the settlement. BEN: STUBHUB SAYS IT IS STILL OFFERING REFUNDS IN STATES WHERE IT IS REQUIRED TO BY LAW, BUT DID NOT PROVIDE A LIST OF THOSE STATES. My tickets were 100% real. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary". If you want a refund, you have 30 days to request it starting from the announcement of the new show date. Stubhub is assuming that I will want to attend another event some time in the future and that they can hold my money until then. 5. View StubHub Refund Policy. Stubhub policy on refunds is ridiculous. Concert is tonight and just received tickets in a completely different section then what i paid for. Even talked to their top customer service expert who was an absolutely useless subhuman monster. I called the credit card company and the charges on the card had not even hit yet. Initially the event was postponed however now has been cancelled with refunds being given and the venue changed requiring repurchase of new tickets. i have tried to call several times but have been on hold >3 hours on 2 occasions. Needless to say, this concert never happened. Certainly they can see that my ticket barcode was not scanned somehow. I purchased tickets through StubHub today and after I purchased it stated that the tickets were in an alcohol free section. A StubHub employee again assisted via phone with the ticket transfer to the second customer-this transaction included the original 1 ticket sold then transferred back to me. But as more and more events were canceled and the novel coronavirus took hold in America, StubHub abruptly changed its policy in late March. Your email address will not be published. Wimbledon raises ticket prices for 2023 championships, See Tickets, Vivendi suffer reported data breach, Rammstein obtains restraining order against Viagogo, President Biden calls for limits on concert and sporting ticket fees, US groups form Break Up Ticketmaster coalition, Lyte to acquire Event Genius assets as parent company Festicket set to fall into administration, Silver Lake looking into TEG exit options report, Ticketmaster successfully handles Beyonce onsale, SeatGeek allegedly dropped by Barclays Center because of tech issues according to report, See Tickets suffers website crash after multiple line-up reveals, it proposes to accept a series of promises, Eventfinda offers buy now, pay later option for ticket buyers, Twitter plans to allow creators to sell tickets to live audio events, Haunted houses producing magic sales figures, Englands rugby league team partners Sportsbreaks, Ticketmaster Sport rolls out away ticketing digital solution, Electric Group renews with TM as Newcastle NX opens, Womens Rugby World Cup opens with Eden Park sell-out, Scottish Rugby embraces digital ticketing service with Tixserve, Backstage: Ed Sheeran, Depeche Mode and more, Tessitura expands arts venue ticketing service, Ambassador Theatre Group in debt talks report. You dont get to change the rules to suit you after the fact. As a convenience to buyers, acting as an intermediary, weve historically made the decision to refund them for canceled events before collecting money from the sellers. THAT WAS THE ONLY OPTION GIVEN TO THEM, EVEN THOUGH BOTH EVENTS -- THE BON JOVI TOUR AND LES MI S DATES IN BOSTON WERE OFFICIALLY CANCELED. what should I do? hey piget2008 if its for the U2 event, stubhub is offering refund if you send the tix back just email [emailprotected] saying you want a refund, if its not for this event they offer one time exceptions of store credit, ONLY if youve never had one before because its a ONE TIME EXCEPTION, this is for ppl that buy wrong tix on accident of want different tix or cannot attend the event, and another thing sellers of doing business. DO NOT let Stub Hub take advantage of you! No where does it state that you needed to be a student at the school to use these. Overall awful experience with only one of four tickets received for $500. Only tickets you buy and sell on StubHub sites or StubHub mobile apps are covered by our guarantee. Too late to purchase decent seats. If you have recently made a purchase with StubHub and believe you're eligible for a refund, follow the below steps. In 14 states, including California, Florida, New Jersey and New York, local laws forced StubHub and other resellers to provide cash refunds. StubHub is a ticket resale and exchange service. On Feb. 26, StubHubs general counsel was hailing the companysFanProtect program to Congress as the hallmark of our business and it is why we have earned the trust of fans around the globe. By March 12, StubHub was nudging consumers toward a coupon valued at 120 percent of the original purchase even whileacknowledging, Our policy is to provide a full refund with fees if an event is canceled. But by March 25, refunds were only provided to buyers where required by law as the 120 percent coupon became the default policy. At that point, never before that, I saw that it said that the refunded amount had to be used within one year. "The return of live events, the input of customers, partners, and regulators, and the . When you mess up, that's your problem not stubhubs and not the original sellers. I just purchased tickets for 352.00 for the Cornhuskers Purdue game. With the coronavirus impacting 28,000 events and the associated magnitude of challenge in recouping monies owed by sellers over the coming months, it is currently impossible for us to offer immediate cash refunds for all buyers.. the issue is on her radar and anyone affected should file a complaint with her office. In the midst of the pandemic, StubHub suddenly changed its ticket refund policy, denying most customers a refund even if their event is canceled, but some Massachusetts customers say that switch is a violation of their rights under state law. F**ked up situation. my bank says 10+ days to get a decision if they will return my money. On March 7th, StubHub emailed Marrali a copt of its refund policy. Terrible Service! Adjusting our refund policy for canceled events during the pandemic was a difficult decision, but a necessary one at the time. You can get a refund from StubHub by calling their customer service line. My girlfriend's 30th bday gift is being ripped off! Across social media, customers, brokers, and industry insiders expressed their frustration with the policy change. I am quite dissappointed. From that StubHub wallet page you can request a refund instead of keeping the credit. Waited past the confirmation date and still heard nothing from the seller.sure stubhub did what they could to contact the prick with finally responds and they charge my account. My order for $402.19. Earlier this week, StubHub announced a change in its ticket policies during the COVID-19 pandemic and informed customers that cancelled events are now eligible to receive a voucher, rather than a refund. YouTube sets this cookie to store the video preferences of the user using embedded YouTube video. I called ticket master and all the floor seats were sold out!! You cant change your TOS after purchase. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Even though I didn't get a reprint it was still great. UPS delivered my tickets, but now I can't find them. Don't take NO for an answer! I have been attempting to contact you several times regarding ticket order #553613638. This company is a scam and I would have told my mom to buy the tickets from Ticketmaster, but she didn't see them on there. After placing me on hold they said, the tech reviewed it and it did show on the website. News Corp is a global, diversified media and information services company focused on creating and distributing . As your event is postponed you are in limbo. Never use stubhub again. "We were only allowed 120 percent credit toward future concerts, not refunds. My husband and I had tickets for Food city 500 on Sunday April 5,2020. StubHub is no longer giving refunds for events canceled due to the COVID pandemic, prompting a number of class action lawsuits. The settlements will mean a payout of close to $20 million in refunds to more than 75,000 consumers in the nine impacted states and District of Columbia, depending on how many consumers claim refunds. BEN: STUBHUBS FAN PROTECT ERIN T PROMISED FULL REFUNDS -- GUARANTEE PROMISED FULL REFUNDS IF THERE EVENTS WERE CANCELED. Dworsky says he hopes she'll intervene. This is the worst service I have ever are ticketes but are tickets were NO good. I don't really like how they don't have any policy of returning tickets even if it's within minutes of purchasing. If you are eligible for a refund you can get a refund over the phone or via email.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'endofdiscussionbook_com-large-mobile-banner-2','ezslot_11',160,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-endofdiscussionbook_com-large-mobile-banner-2-0'); The terms and conditions will apply to refunds. i am not interested in a credit that expires so therefore am requesting my full refund. StubHub's policy change drew fire from the outset, as most other ticket resale platforms began offering credits to customers holding tickets to cancelled shows, but still allowed refunds for those who asked. Money down the drain. Someone should file a class action, alot correctly said about the 120% return credit, but my problem is although they said it was credited to my account I cannot find it? Select the ticket group you'd like to sell. When I got to the venue my tickets were no longer accessible. Everything Everywhere All at Once Sweeps Spirit Awards, N.Y. Times to Stand Trial This Month as Sarah Palin Libel Suit Heads to Jury, How the Supreme Court Could Shake Up Disneys Spider-Man Plans, United States v. Facebook: What Hollywood Has at Stake, Guest Column: 'Turning Red' Writer-Director Domee Shi on Making Her "Magical Puberty Story", DP Darius Khondji on What It Was Like Working With Bong Joon Ho on the Highly Anticipated 'Mickey 17', John Malone and Charter Directors Reach $87.5M Deal to Settle Investor Suit, Rupert Murdoch, Fox Corp. Sued For Sharing Bidens Presidential Ads Before They Aired, Paramount Will Pay $122.5M to Settle CBS-Viacom Merger Lawsuit, Lionsgate Dealmakers Michael Burns, Brian Goldsmith Extend Contracts, A24 Buys Off-Broadways Cherry Lane Theatre, Pay TV and Cable Providers Lost 5.8M Subscribers in 2022, Star Hairstylist Jen Atkin Reveals Must-Have Hair Tools, Tutorials and Pro Tips In New MasterClass, Rihannas Puma x Fenty Is Coming Back Heres Where You Can Still Buy Those Cult-Fave Creepers, The Best Bridesmaid Dresses for Every Budget, From Under-$100 Gowns to Hollywood-Inspired Classics, BTS Army: Heres When and Where Legos Dynamite-Inspired Set Arrives Online and In Stores, The Big Lebowski Turns 25: People Didnt Get It, Jeff Bridges Recalls, How the Landscape of Native-Led Stories Has Changed Between Avatars: Were Flexing Our Sovereignty, The Definitive Voice of Entertainment News. BEN: MASSACHUSETTS HAS CLEAR RULES ON RETURNS AND REFUNDS. Is there any way I can confirm that my Stubhub QR codes are still good? On July 30, 2016 I purchased 5 tickets for Jennifer Lopez's "All I Have" show in Las Vegas from StubHub.com. For $2400 this is pure BS and will not stand. Called back for refund. I wish I had read this before buying.

The Chicago Meat House Ground Beef, Screamin' Sicilian Pizza In Air Fryer, Guess Ethnicity By Photo Quiz, Articles S