spotify linked to alexa but won't play

You need a Premium account to use Spotify with Alexa". Re-Link Spotify & Alexa 6. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'technologyrater_com-narrow-sky-1','ezslot_20',178,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-technologyrater_com-narrow-sky-1-0');A Spotify premium account isnt necessary in order for Alexa to play your music. Open the Alexa mobile app, and tap More . In most of the countries, you will need a Spotify premium account to connect Spotify and Echo. ". Hope this is helpful. SmartphoneSamsung Galaxy J3 2007 (SM-J330FN). If not, continue to the next troubleshooting step. Ihad two accounts associated to my email address: one Premiumlinked to facebook and other Free. On the Spotify website: You can either disconnect Spotify from Alexa via the Alexa app, or on the Spotify website. First up, go into Alexa settings and then into preferences. Follow the instructions above in the heading How To Link Spotify To Alexa.. Now, it remains to be seen who will be the next big star to become available. To activate a playlist using the app, do this: Open the Alexa app and tap on Play. but when asked to "play spotify" I correctly get Alexa saying "playing Spotify" but then no audio. Then click on Remove access next to Alexa. Amazon will not play it either. Then, reinstall the apps and open them. Well come back to how deal with problematically named playlists in a second, but first lets make sure youre using the correct command. Your phone sometimes defaults to the free account making Spotify unavailable for users from countries where a premium account is required. Are they still not communicating correctly after you have linked your accounts? The only thing that worked for me after trying all the other solutions was logging into my spotify account from a web browser and on the account settings, on the lower left youll see the option Apps, click there and disable spotify. Tap the Settings menu. This could be why Alexa and Spotify are not able to communicate. When getting a podcast to play, you may still have to say On Spotify.. Select Spotify, then Link account to Alexa. This can be tricky when playing Spotify with Alexa because its not always easy to switch from one profile to the other. Push the Reset button using a paper clip or another small tool. On Android, you can try clearing the cache for the Spotify and Alexa app. When you make Spotify your default provider, there is no need to add on Spotify at the end of your command. You can do this by unplugging and plugging it back again from the power outlet. Once you link the Spotify with Alexa, you can directly ask Alexa to play Spotify music on Alexa devices. Go to your Sonos app and remove voice services from the room settings, Go to the following page on a web browser: https://alexa.amazon.com, Then go to Smart Home > Devices > Scroll to the bottom and click Forget All, Go back to the Sonos app and configure voice services. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'technologyrater_com-leader-2','ezslot_14',171,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-technologyrater_com-leader-2-0');You may already know how to clear the cache on your phone, but Spotify for some reason has its own cache that needs to be cleared out on occasion. 5. Go to https://alexa.amazon.co.uk. Choose an existing Smart Home Group, such as Dining Room. Once you have linked Alexa to your Spotify account you can start playing music and podcasts by using your voice. Then you can try to pair again on https://alexa.amazon.com by going to settings, and then music & media and clicking on Spotify from there. If none of our tips worked, the problem might be coming from Amazon Alexa or Spotify. Find out how calling works on Amazon Echo. When it redirects to the Alexa app, close and uninstall the app 3. AI won't take over the world! Tap on "Settings". Another simple thing that we miss at times is the Echo volume. Tap Music &. If your Spotify and Alexa have been linked up correctly, Alexa will show up as a connected device every time you open Spotify up. Did it work? What worked for me was downloading an older version of the app. If you are one of them, here we shall tell you various ways to fix the Amazon Echo not playing Spotify issue. But it refuses. Another reason Alexa may not work with Spotify is that you need to clean the caches or do a power cycle on your Alexa device. You should check and increase the volume of your Echo speaker. 2. Spotify uses streams and Alexa stores user data, which can take up some space. So, to save everyone a little bit of time and a possible stress headache, were going to show you what to do if you cant get your Alexa to play Spotify on command. Find the skill under Your Skillsand select it. The free service was extended to more countries in June 2020. These sorts of things can be incredibly hard to fix on your own if you dont know what youre doing. He was once Deputy Editor of Mail Online and remains in therapy to this day. Sometimes, only clearing the cache can fix when Alexa won't play Spotify. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[250,250],'technologyrater_com-large-mobile-banner-1','ezslot_11',168,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-technologyrater_com-large-mobile-banner-1-0');For a third or fourth generation Echo, press and hold down the action button for 25 seconds. As of 2017, more than 20 million Alexa devices have been sold. Simply tap itthe icon should now turn whiteand Shuffle is now disabled. Your music will add to the queue. Press Disable Skill. Alexa will play Spotify but will not play Beethoven Violin Concerto. Check Your Default Music Service Settings. Find the IP address of your router. Yep. Solve this by linking the correct account, forgetting echo or unlinking then relinking your Spotify, or even resetting Alexa altogether. BBC), or proper nouns that are difficult to pronounce. The next time you cannot access Spotify for some reason, be sure you are logged in if this issue occurs. 2) I log in spotify usingfacebook (I alsowrite user and password in facebook login form). Though Alexa is probably the most reliable product of its type, there is always the potential for something to go amiss. From here, go ahead and make Spotify your default music player on your Echo. Copyright 2022. A regular novel, according to Writer's Digest, should be between 90,000 and 100,000 words. She has been writing about technology for many years and her favorite verticals include how-to guides, explainers, tips and tricks for Android, iOS/iPadOS, Windows, and web apps. Naturally, if youd like to use this feature and youre not paying for Spotify Premium, you need to update. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. You can reset the Echo speaker by pressing the buttons on your device or the Alexa app. Click on that. I did everything I could. Where is voice assistant on Spotify I cant find it, tried everything listed above to no avail. Sadly, some users are still unable to enjoy Spotify through Alexa. Simply add some detail to your question and refine the title if needed, choose the relevant category, then post. This is what worked for me. Select Spotify, then Link account to Alexa. Annoyingly, Spotify has made it much harder to copy other peoples playlists in recent updates, but there is a way to do it using the Windows/Mac Spotify apps. Lets begin! Heres how to reset using the Echo speaker: Hold and press the Microphone Off and Volume Down buttons for 20 seconds. People having premium Spotify membership can stream music on Alexa but later all the Spotify members were allowed to stream Spotify music on Alexa. To perform an easy power cycle, simply unplug your device from the power source for approximately 30 seconds. Did it work? Open the Amazon Alexa app, then tap the menu button in the upper-left corner. I got it back by changing the NAMES of my Playlists, mostly by just adding my .like..I have a Nursery playlistnow its Name is my nursery Playlist. At this point, you should notice that the Echo Dot has an orange ring around it. Thanks for the advice. 5 Reasons & Fixes (2023), (19 Fixes) Alexa Wont Play Music [Updated 2023 Guide], Is Alexa Compatible With Spotify? Yeah, you! The first thing to note is that (as many commenters pointed out below) you need a Spotify Premium account in order to access playlists via Alexa. If youre merely following someone elses playlist, you wont be able to change its name, but well show you how to deal with those presently. Forgetting the Echo device from the Spotify app has also proved beneficial for users. Without trying to state the obvious, both of your accounts need to be linked for this to work. Ive had Spotify for a while now, and most times it works great, but there are times when it seems a bit glitchy. This is especially true when you add in Alexa which sometimes makes the device unresponsive, but there are easy fixes. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Nothing worked for me except going to Spotify app on my laptop, clicking profile which redirects you to the browser page of your profile, going into apps, removing the access to Amazon (which would be your Alexa). Then log back into your account. Next, just turn up the volume to see if the music starts playing. Smart Home Perfected is a trading name of Origin8 Tech Limited, Company Registration 641137 / Tax Registration IE3593594BH, Smart Home Perfected 2019 - 2023. Check our guide on how to link Spotify and make it default in Echo. From there, the app will ask you to choose a group name (it . You can make Spotify the default music service in your Amazon Alexa app with these simple steps: Open the Alexa app. Go to the settings option and remove Echo. Tips to Troubleshoot Alexa Not Connecting to Spotify Issues, 2. Make sure your Echo is online and connected to Wi-Fi ( read this if it's not), and then follow these steps: Open the Amazon Alexa app on your iPhone or iPad ( get it on the App Store) or Android device ( from Google Play ), and log in with your Amazon account. See attached image below. To get Alexa to play a Spotify playlist, when Spotify is selected as your default music service, you should say: If that doesnt work, or if you have Amazon as your default music service but want to listen to a Spotify playlist, try the following: Alexa, on Spotify listen to the (playlist name) playlist. As soon as both devices have finished rebooting, have a quick check to see if everything is working again. In addition to the troubleshooting you've already tried, I'd also suggest disabling, then re-enabling the Spotify Alexa Skill: Open the Alexa App. I've tried removing the Sonos skill from Alexa and re-adding the skill. Heres a list of official Alexa commands that can be used for Spotify. The easiest way to do this is to change your default preference to another service (such as Pandora or Amazon Music) and then to Spotify again. Click Profile in the upper-right corner and tap Account. Doing a quick reset, or clearing out the caches should do the trick and get Alexa to start playing music through Spotify. Hold and press the Mute and Volume Down buttons for about 15 seconds. Next, log in to Alexa with your correct details and try connecting to Spotify again. Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation. Alexa wants to default to Amazon music because they are both from Amazon. For that, press the volume up button on your Echo. Press the device icon on the Now Playing bar. Step 4: Tap on Disable Skill. Tap Enable To Use. Music by Michel Legrand ; English lyrics written by Alan & Marilyn Bergman), Ive just tried all of the above and its still greyed out its becoming very frustrating Amazon was no help when I phoned them they told me it was Spotifys problem not theres even though its on amazon Alexa app, I am having same issues. DIY How-To Guide 2023. Check The Mute And Volume Your Echo device could have accidentally been muted, or the volume could be too low to hear the music. While you here, let's have a fun game. The device should then flash blue then orange again signaling its ready for setup. We'll send you an e-mail with instructions to reset your password. Note: Spotify is approved on the following devices that use the Alexa virtual assistant: If none of these steps is successful, you can call Amazon customer service. Connecting your Alexa system to Spotify is usually a seamless process. Microsoft has released an early preview of Phone Link for iOS, available to "a small percentage" of people running Windows Insider builds running Phone Link version 1.23012.169. or higher. It will play my liked songs if I say Play My Music, but NEVER plays a playlist Ive created. The first thing you want to do if Alexa wont connect to Spotify is to reboot your Amazon Echo device. This also decreases interference from any object/device. But it is always best to make sure that something really simple isnt whats holding you back. If you see a red light on the top of your device near the microphone button, then its muted. You might have accidentally muted your Echo device. Open the Required Firewall Ports. If you are still not able to play, then try the next step. Tap on the speaker icon and increase the volume. Youll need to log into your Spotify account using a web browser. Next up, you will need to choose Spotify from the music and podcast section. Restart Your Phone 3. This fix is especially good if the problem has only recently reared its head, and everything had been fine before. The microphone button on top of the speaker is red if your device is muted. When I say "Play music onSpotify" it says "I can't play Spotify music in this device". If you couldn't find any answers in the previous step then we need to post your question in the community and wait for someone to respond. Here, you will find the option that allows you to choose Spotify as your default. The first and most obvious solution is checking for updates. So, the first thing you will need to do is have a look to see if they are connected. If you have already linked Spotify, click Default Services under Account Settings, and ensure Spotify is ticked as the Default Music Library, as shown below: Use the correct voice commands Alexa can be ridiculously fussy about the wording you use before she will play your Spotify playlists. Here's what worked for me on ios 1. This solution works especially if you have multiple music players on your Alexa app. On this website I share everything that Ive learned about Smart Homes. if(typeof ez_ad_units != 'undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'technologyrater_com-leader-3','ezslot_15',173,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-technologyrater_com-leader-3-0');If youre still getting the same message Your Spotify account needs to be linked, and youve followed all the instructions above, you may need to reset Alexa or your Echo device. Choose the Alexa device . If that has not worked, the next step is to perform a different type of reboot. Tried to reset, reboot, uninstall, reinstall, etc. I cant get my alexa devices working properly again. There are many possible reasons why you cant link your Spotify to your Amazon Alexa. Once that is completed, open the Spotify app and look in the bottom right corner. Depending on the Echo generation, these steps may be different. Connect speakers: Pair up to 8 MEGABLAST and BLAST for more immersive sound or 2 speakers for stereo mode. For a more stable internet, you want to connect your Echo device to a 5GHz Wi-Fi network band (see your routers manual for instructions). You may have to do a soft reboot or power cycle of your Echo device. Confirm on the next screen. This topic has been closed for further comments. Its the bottom center on android alexa app. Heres how to clear the cache of third-party apps on an iPhone: Heres another method to remove the app altogether and reinstall it from the App Store. So, if you ask Echo to play an artists song, the device might just tune into a radio station on Spotify which might be experiencing issues. Barry has scribbled about tech for almost 20 years for The Sunday Times, PC Pro, WebUser, Which? Step 5: Go back and tap on Enable to use for the Spotify skill. Spotify Not Connecting To Alexa? But it is strange that the web page shows me the "Premium" option. The most important thing to note is that you must use the exact name of the playlist you want. Since you dont know which app is having the problem, you should try deleting both. Especially if you have children, a significant other, parents, or roommates living under the same roof. Step 2: Tap on the three-bar icon at the top and choose Settings. Go into your Alexa app, and open the menu. Make sure youre installing the current version of Alexa. Until now, the heart button in Spotify served as a quick shortcut to add a song to your account's . It's happened to me a few times. From settings, click into Accounts. To avoid the issue, you need to open the following ports: Step 1. Sometimes, the Echo device not playing Spotify music issue could happen due to out-of-date software. This solution may surprise you, but a few Spotify users have suggested that if shuffle was enabled the last time you listened to Spotify, it will cause problems with Echo. To disable shuffle play, click the Shuffle button. Go to Settings on your phone to check how much storage you have left. Update your software for all your devices. This is to prevent discrepancies between the accounts you use for the two apps. Yes, rebooting the device helps to apply any recent change youve made in the Alexa app to your Echo device. Restart your phone after installing the apps again. You will see a number of options that you can choose from. Is It Possible To Play Different Music On Multiple Echo Devices? To get started, log in to alexa.amazon.com. Make Sure that you are Logged in to Spotify : You need to ensure that you are logged in to the Spotify account. The Big Tech Question is a joint venture between, getting Alexa to play exactly the music you want, read this excellent piece from my colleague Tim Danton. I think the issue is fairly simple and not something openly advertised. So, its probably best to not ship this step! Learn how your comment data is processed. My Echo 4 was not seeing playlists in NY Amazon Music. To do this, you need to download the desktop player if you havent done so already. DIYSmartHomeHub.com is a participant of the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program it is designed to provide an aid for the websites in earning an advertisement fee by means of advertising and linking to Amazon.com products. When I say "Play music" it says "I can't find music in your library". By the way, the online support works very well. How To Fix Alexa Not Playing Spotify 1. Switch back to your browser and go back to the Alexa site 4. The initial voice command may not work if you have a Spotify account connected to your Echo speaker. Before we can post your question we need you to quickly make an account (or sign in if you already have one). FREE Smart Home, Home Automation & IoT Tips. Although Alexa has become unable to connect to Spotify, I can still get Spotify music to play through the Sonos One speaker via the Spotify App. You can disable it from the desktop apps too. Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions. Open the Spotify app on your smartphone and start playing a song. There are some Spotify playlists that Alexa seemingly refuses to play, no matter how much you re-word the commands or raise your voice at her. Note: You can unlink Spotify without having access to a phone or Alexa App by going to this page. You should see the details of your plan and your charge. Make sure everything is working again; if not, its time to move on to the next step. I hope Spotify fixes this in the future. If you are using Amazon Music try deregistering the device from the my content and devices pageand then signing back in. In many cases, manufacturers recommend turning off a device for 5 to 30 seconds (sometimes even longer) before turning it back on. Next, wait for about 10 to 30 seconds and plug it back in. You can check for your Echo software version by going to the Alexa app. I've tried removing Alexa entirely from the Sonos One and re-adding it. Follow the steps below to connect Alexa to Spotify via the Alexa app: Open the Alexa app on your mobile device and tap the menu icon in the top left-hand corner (the menu icon looks like three horizontal lines). Possibly, the volume is too low or muted, or your Alexa device has a cache or app issue that needs to be cleared. So begin by restarting your Echo device (Echo, Echo dot, or Echo plus, etc.) With Alexa and Spotifys integration, you can easily listen to your favorite music and podcasts. Dont worry if she is being difficult, just follow the steps below to make sure your Spotify account is linked to your Alexa device. Sorry for the long post but this type of issue is normally down to one of three things: I've tried unlinking and relinking my Spotify account in the Alexa app. Check Your Default Music Service Settings. A pop-up will appear for you to confirm it. You should have the option to log out of your account. Next, tap Enable to Use and select Agree. This means that the reset has been a success and that it is ready to be set up with your phone again. Ive tried everything under the sun, including all your tips, and tips from other sites, to get Alexa to play a simple Spotify playlist. To make it a bit easier, weve prepared a quick overview of the steps you need to take to initiate a soft reset of both apps. It doesnt play ANY playlist Ive made. Now scroll down until you find Music under the Preferences menu.

The Pynk Club Atlanta, Articles S