short period then bfp

BUT..I am completely confused as I've literally just had what I thought was my 'period'. I'm assuming that was implantation bleeding and you are pregnant! so its like i have been on my period for 2 weeks. I got my labs results and the HCG levels were at 15.4 yesterday. Thanks ladies for your responses! Guys help! That and cramping since v day. It's so weird I tested when my period was due because I swore I was pregnant because I was super sick and it was negative like super negative. Im usually on the dot and heavy flow, no cramps. Nevermind that any RE or Nurse in an REs office would tell you to <i>start CD1 as your first day of full flow</i>, not brown spotting, and that spotting prior to AF can be a sign of an LP defect. Many people also have really light periods. Wow! Ive read about false positives, do you think might be a false pos? The #1 app for tracking pregnancy and baby growth. I had a very brief, light period right before I got a BFP. To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account. Subject: Anyone get BFP during what you thought was a period? Perhaps it was ovulation bleeding. Your post will be hidden and deleted by moderators. I would have been 5 weeks yesterday if I was pregnant. Short Luteal Phase. I stopped drinking coffee and eggs (thankfully didn't drink a sip of alcohol) and when my next period didn't come that's when I thought I got pregnant. I havn't had any pain or cramping at all not even through my period. Typically my periods last for a week, this was 2 days , and really not much of anything. All rights reserved. Posted 10/4/13. But I will tomorrow. 1997-2023 BabyCenter, LLC, a Ziff Davis company. Congratulations and wishing you a healthy & happy pregnancy :), Congratulations!! Have you ever had issues with breakthrough bleeding or a hormonal imbalance in the past? I'm out of state visiting family so I haven't had a chance to test yet. That bleed is perfectly normal in a pregnancy. Im currently confused whats going on. Your bleed could be anything from, Implantation to a false period, I think who weeks later and still getting strong BFP and new symptoms is a great sign x. Anyone have a late "Period" then BFP?? I was stupid enough to try testing several days early, was disappointed lol, but I had been having super sore boobs, barley any nausea (maybe once), tired and hungry. If you feel a message or content violates these standards and would like to request its removal please submit the following information and our moderating team will respond shortly. 6 days from what i understand might be a bit long for an implantation bleed, sounds like your period just decided to appear early and (totally messes with you when it does that!). Well 2 weeks ago I had a super light period. Rare but somehow it's possible. and was like that for 3 days nearly, i'm so confused i dont want to get excited yet, i had my coil removed a month ago could this be hormones mucking me about?? Implantation happens an average of 10 DPO which can cause bleeding (some light, some heavier like a period) and that coincides with when your period would be. , The same day it stopped I took a HPT and got a BFP, That is exactly whats happening to me right now thats so weird. I'm excited , shocked, and a little scared. Soexcited9782 29/11/16. Archived discussions are usually a bit older and not as active as other community content. I guess tomorrow will be the answer. blood. Is it bad for ttc, Symptmes de grossesse ne jamais ignorer, Moyens naturels pour dclencher l'accouchement. If you lurk around a bit you will see that your question is better for this board bc it is against TOU to (even in a round about way) ask if your pregnant. Not sure but those poitives are blaring and you havent had anymore bleeding so all sounds pretty good! My biggest sign was not wanting my coffee, and I'm a huge coffee drinker!! 20052023 BabyCenter, LLC, a Ziff Davis company. 19/08/2013 at 1:48 am. Will keep you posted! Will you be able to conceive? Didn't bother with sending blood tests, just said to test again in a few days and if it's positive still then it's definite. I had a five day light bleed of pinkish blood starting the day AF was due and didn't get my BFP until about seven days after AF was due. Thanks for sticking with us for a full year. :), At first it started as a brown spotting, then I bleed like brilliant red for about 2 1/2 days and then it stopped. I started miscarrying Tuesday night and through Wednesday. I dont mean to be negative but Ive wanted this so much for so long that I dont want to get my hopes up and get a disappointment. Learn more about. My issue is low progestrone and that causes spontaneous abortions because my estrogen is too high and my progestrone isn't high enough. I bled when I was pg with my first and thought it was my period. How exciting! The same thing happened to me. Congrats!!! So I took a test and got a BFN. Thank you for the response though, it is goid to be aware it can end badly. Btw, I had lots of white creamy discharge a week before my '2 days short bleeding'. That is so exciting :) Im having the exact same thing happen as what youve described and I was just wondering what color the bleeding you experienced was? To my surprise AF arrived the 24. I'm so hoping this is my bfp! On 13DPIUI (valentines day) I had a big blob or red was sure that AF has arrived, cried myself to sleep then discussed with DH what next steps to take. What to Expect supports Group Black and its mission to increase greater diversity in media voices and media ownership. Do you girls see the line tho? I would phone your gp straightaway or the hospital, if you have had a positive pg test i would take that with you. How will you know for sure when it happens? It's most likely that you experienced heavy implantation bleeding and figured it was your period. Congratulations! 28/05/2020 13:37. Today I went for blood test and I'm hoping that it confirms . For science! So yes, the GP says it definitely sounds like I'm pregnant. Then the following month to have an extremely heavy period. ). I'll do another test 2moro morning and see if its darker. x x, I'm very interested to find out the outcome of this because it would give my friend hope who has just finished her period but swears blind she is pregnant! I have an ultrasound this morning to ensure everything passed. My period was a week late, i did 3 tests all negative then i started bleeding so thought nothing of itstill bleeding 6days later getting no lighter and the blood was as you said black with just hints of red in it. How does an ectopic get diagnosed? With my DS I had the same old blood, had an early scan and I was 6 weeks and it was vanishing twin, so one sack with heartbeat and one blighted ovum that was breaking down, most people won't even know their pregnancy started as twins when this happens if they do t have an early scan. think twice before sharing personal details, foster a friendly and supportive environment, remove fake accounts, spam and misinformation, delete posts that violate our community guidelines, reviewed by our medical review board and team of experts. It sucks getting all excited and then being let down. She also had her "period" but it was lighter than normal (not by much) and after she still felt pregnant so after a few days of not feeling right, she took the test and it was positive!! I had pink and pale brown spotting on wiping for 4 days before my BFP . I think it will keep getting darker for you. Now today No bfp yet, but, look at my chart! (no real moderate bleeding at all) but I am pregnant. If tests are still positive I would book an appointment with a Dr. Hehe thanks will be testing for sure. That's terrible. If the estrogen levels are higher than progesterone levels, bleeding can be heavier or last longer. Ease my mind please! Anonymous. Good luck!! Period cramps usually take until 14 DPO and beyond therefore 7 DPO cramps could be a sign of early pregnancy rather than an impending period. Best of luck toyou! 2005-2023Everyday Health, Inc., a Ziff Davis company. Anyway that prompted me to randomly take a pregnancy test even though I thought it was stupid because I can't be pregnant. Something similar happened to me with my second! Afterwards I started to feel intense cramps on both sides of my pelvis. But there has been no more blood since that day. Guys help! Whats going on?! What just happened?? The educational health content on What To Expect is reviewed by our medical review board and team of experts to be up-to-date and in line with the latest evidence-based medical information and accepted health guidelines, including the medically reviewed What to Expect books by Heidi Murkoff. DPO stands for "days past ovulation" so 12 DPO means you are nearing the end of the infamous two week wait and are close to being able to take a pregnancy test reliably. Did you get a positive or are you just looking for hope? Note that once you confirm, this action cannot be undone. my friend has that exact same thing. We work hard to share our most timely and active conversations with you. which brand did you use ? Thanks for your responses ladies!!! This educational content is not medical or diagnostic advice. I could have just O very late also. That's a funny and amazing story! I had another bleed a couple of weeks later - again a light bleed that lasted a week or so. I was still nursing my dd who was only 9 months old I had a light period but didn't think too much of it because I was nursing and we were buying a house at the time and we were ntnp. One (amazing and supportive long term member) kindly redirected you here bc that board is not the place for these types of posts/questions. Called dr and they think it was implantation bleeding. I waited till 16 DPO and took HPT on Sunday got pos and then another one on Monday. Find advice, support and good company (and some stuff just for fun). Do you think i should phone my G.P? Waiting to get checked on dating. Your post will be hidden and deleted by moderators. Gos to show you never actuallay know. I just need to relax and be excited. That's what made me su. The FRER one looks too pink to be false positive. How long did the bleeding last? s. saston85. We shall see! Yesterday I had some very faint spotting and a smear of pink mucus when I wiped so I was worried maybe my hormones are out of whack from coming off the pill before last cycle. To my surprise AF arrived the 24. Hiya! Oh I'm so sorry to hear that happened to you! Test every other day. All rights reserved. Fingers crossed for you. A few days after that I got my BFP. We strive to provide you with a high quality community experience. Help help help. Congrats mama!!! Finished my af last week and have been a bit rough during it and since, my dh keeps saying test but I'm to chicken cause I know I would be disappointed if it's negative. My second mc since April:( my HCG levels were only 26 on Tuesday morning. I'm curious if anyone had a period when AF was due and then still got a BFP shortly after? If you feel a message or content violates these standards and would like to request its removal please submit the following information and our moderating team will respond shortly. The light brief period was an implantation bleed. 15/08/2012 14:47. Typically my periods last for a week, this was 2 days , and really not much of anything. Good luck to you all! Sorry, I had a short period which isn't usual for me and have been hav. After that I started SPOTTING for 2 days on April 22 and 23(now this is the tricky part, I NEVER spot before AF) so I decided to wait until the end of the month to test. But heres the thing: I had missed my last monthperiod (which wasnt a surprise because my cycles are irregular sometimes), I took a HPT and got a BFN. Well 2 weeks ago I had a super light period. A line that faint and bleeding could also indicate low hcg, which could be the result of an ectopic and slow rising hcg. anyway after being on this forum, say two to three months. Create an account or log in to participate. TTC since last August, miscarried in January 2018 at 6 weeks gone. Ah and twice. Note that once you confirm, this action cannot be undone. Mine was pregnancy of unknown location I had 2 ultrasound and they couldn't find anything in my uterus but couldn't rule out ectopic, I researched crazy and realised that the chances of it being a successful pregnancy were almost nil because my uterine lining was too thin to sustain a pregnancy (as I'd had a normalish Af) I made it to 7w2d and then my miscarriage started. Or if you have gotten a positive test less than 2 weeks after a period. 20062023 BabyCenter, LLC, a Ziff Davis company. I am pretty upset and disappointed. It's possible. I hope to get an appt with the OBGYN soon (long wait in my town). I tested to see if maybe I was pregnant . Especially with these VERY CLEAR positives a few weeks after that. 02/11/2011 at 7:59 am. Thanks I really hope that's the case. At this point, I would keep testing to see if there's line progression on the tests and get a doctor to give you a requisition for beta hcg levels to be drawn and monitored to ensure they are doubling, it's the only accurate way to see. If you didn't test prior to when the bleeding started it would be hard to know. Thank you And yes, it really does just go to show!! ???? Hi!! It happened to me. Yesterday I had some very faint spotting and a smear of pink mucus when I wiped so I was worried maybe my hormones are out of whack from coming off the pill before last cycle. How far do you think you are? evening all, looking a bit of advice. in Dec. which I honestly don't think so. I MC'd a few months ago, my period was a daylate andI had a BFP,a few days after my result, istarted to bleed really heavily with dark blood clots, I had terrible cramps as well. If it were me I would test again tomorrow or the next day (okay, let's be honest, likely both days). However, if you usually have a cycle that's less than 26 days, something may be amiss. Baby dust to you, The last time I had a ChemPreg I had a normal, 7 day period but with sharp pain, and after that my HCG was back to 0.2. terrible and had more brown spotting (it was reddish at one point) and. Wtf. Ill keep you all posted!! They may not settle into any discernible pattern . Congratulations on your bfp! All rights reserved. Posted 10/13/22. It's an easy fix. As the weeks passed by I thought I was going to miss this months AF as well. You've made the decision and you are actively trying to conceive. monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2". Oh wow!!!! Mumsnet carries some affiliate marketing links, so if you buy something through our posts, we may get a small share of the sale (more details here). Its ending today after starting Wednesday which is so unusual to me. I just hope its not another chem preg. Gave me a referral for a 6-8 week ultrasound in the meanwhile! We went into our first ultrasound around 8 weeks and up popped a 12 week baby! I also agree you keep testing. hi fellow rainbow mommas!! To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account. I got a vvvfl 2 days ago, negatice yesteday. I can't add anything the others haven't said, but wishing you good luck! Share the highs and lows, and meet other women experiencing the same concerns. I am 37, Cycle 9, FTM. occsaionally which for me is weird. The plus side in all of this is that you get pregnant easily, that's the first step, and the hardest part for alot of us women. xxxxx. I guess it isn't clear what your asking. All rights reserved. it should happen a few days earlier than your normal period is due - however, if you have irregular . Dec 4, 2014 at 7:21 AM. I really hope your bean stuck and the bleeding was just a weird IB. Thank you for your comments and suggestions ladies. Congratulations!! Learn more about, Twins & Multiples: Your Tentative Time Table. Please select a reason for escalating this post to the WTE moderators: Connect with our community members by starting a discussion. Its still very faint. So exciting!!! I assumed this meant I was pregnant, because when I was pregnant February 07, 2022 | by SuperSaiyanMomma22222. How long will it take to get pregnant? And congrats to original poster i Definitely see your line, I wasnt pregnant that month . Has anyone ever had this? Anonymous: I know this may sound crazy, but has anyone gotten a BFP after having what you thought was your period? This can be very confusing for women who are pregnant and is the reason many women don't realise they are pregnant for a while. The other possibility is not one you want to hear (and I hope is not the case) but it's possible you are experiencing an early loss. I came on af 23rd and came off thursday, still had horrifficly sore boobs so i took a test about 2 hours ago with an early pregnancy test that i got from ebay and about 10 secs later came up with a bfp, its not really dark but it isn't faint iykwim?! The #1 app for tracking pregnancy and baby growth. Went to the early pregnancy unit, they tested the HGC hormone, which was to low for how pregnant I was. Posting on this forum since I got angry responses on the TTC forum. I am not sure if I got pregnant after that 2day period that wasn't normal at all or if I got preg. Thanks again. I had awful backache and light cramping yesterday and sat but fine . It will be interesting Im guessing I'm not pregnant but I'm so hopeful. Which gradually ended in what I would describe as a light period. Yesterday I started spotting. First, I read your post on TTGP and you didnt get angry responses (well at least not at the time you wrote this post). What to Expect supports Group Black and its mission to increase greater diversity in media voices and media ownership. So had back pain last night and was passing clots so I ended up in emerge. Being 14 DPO means that you ovulated 14 days ago and are nearing the start of your period. I've also heard of lot of women who continue to have periods after they get pregnant for a couple months. But I think I wanted to rule out the faint positive last night. I posted on here a few days ago, thought I would share my story. The views expressed in community are solely the opinions of participants, and do not reflect those of What to Expect. If you experience bleeding that isn't implantation- or period-related (after a positive pregnancy test, for example), it . Nella1992. Discussion in 'Two Week Wait' started by onemore4me, Oct 10, 2011. i had some early bleeding when preg with my daughter, it was my boobs remaining sore that made me test and i discovered i was pregnant. Is it bad for ttc, Symptmes de grossesse ne jamais ignorer, Moyens naturels pour dclencher l'accouchement. Weirdest chart yet, but BFP (details in comments) Soo nice to see tbh. MichelleWG38 . So I took 3 tests and all bfp. Has anyone had this xperience? think twice before sharing personal details, foster a friendly and supportive environment, remove fake accounts, spam and misinformation, delete posts that violate our community guidelines, reviewed by our medical review board and team of experts. :) GL and hopefully you can get to your doctor soon, Implantation bleeding is normal and can happen a week before or around your period .. Take some time to heal and focus on you two and when you feel better try again. I'm still a bit shell-shocked but very happy! I did get a referral to an ObGYN so I hope to get some insight and progesterone and all other hormones tested. Long Luteal Phase *** PLEASE TELL ME, How were your HCG levels when you noticed you were pregnant????? so I decided to take a test this morning for the hell . My implantation bleeding was different to my period. my first number was 22, and my baby is 9 months old. Normally my period lasts 7 days, this one lasted only 3. Ive been TTC for more than a year and have had Chemical Pregnancy before. to find out how many weeks I am. I figured if someone said no it's not possible then I wouldn't worry about testing. It was normal flow, not my heaviest but I definitely bleed for two consecutive days. My '2 days period' was dark red moderate bleeding like a normal period then suddenly stopped followed by brown discharge. Congratulations , But last fall I had a chemical where I had a short (2 days) very painful period, and a few faint positive pregnancy tests after.. hopefully yours was just implantation bleeding.. Hi all, Well, I am in complete and utter shock. And it was a faint postive. Dr Rob reveals there are 3 main ways you can recognise the difference between implantation bleeding (also known as spotting) and a period. Group Owners uphold the core values of the brand by reporting content that violates the community guidelines. Brown blood. Getting massive headaches. :), Congrats!! I would ring doctor and make appointment. Maybe speak to your dr and see if they have any suggestions as to what you can do? We weren't trying, and I was on vacation, so decided that my period decided to stop as a vacation gift to me.got the BFP 4 days later, DD was born 31 weeks later. I was spotting only when I wiped from May 5 to May 8 with it stopping for hours here and there. Mumsnet carries some affiliate marketing links, so if you buy something through our posts, we may get a small share of the sale (more details here), www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/1540057-Is-it-possible-to-have-a-two-day-heavy-bleed-and-be-pregnant?msgid=33531280#33531280. Sep 20, 2018 10:56PM in Pregnancy. Period but BFP! A Group Owner is a member that has initiated the creation of a group to connect with other members to share their journey through the same pregnancy & baby stages. What is going through your mind? I remember having some cramping during my first pregnancy early on but I can really remember what it felt like! The #1 app for tracking pregnancy and baby growth. So they said just barely pregnant and at this point in the game it should have been much higher so I probably started my loss nine days ago with the bleed. Wtf. Heavy bleeding and clots post BFP. I am not sure if I got pregnant after that 2day period that wasn't normal at all or if I got preg. Keep us posted and fc for your bfp xx. This educational content is not medical or diagnostic advice. I had spotting a week before my period was due. I really hope the numbers go up! in Dec. which I honestly don . Whats goin on? Wondering whether now is the right time for you to start a family? Looks 100%positive To me. Group Owners uphold the core values of the brand by reporting content that violates the community guidelines. Share the highs and lows, and meet other women experiencing the same concerns. baby dust, baby dust, baby dustox:), fingers crossed for you hun, loads of people bleed during prenancy (me being one of them all 3 pregs) do you have another test ? So long story short, my period was 6 days late and I was SO sure that I was pregnant - just a gut feeling, had some . Definitely more than spotting (had to . Have my fingers crossed for you Linzi-hope it's your bfp too. Afterwards I started to feel intense cramps on both sides of my pelvis. Is this ur 2nd loss? But got a BFP May 29. It simply means "days past ovulation.". I tested with FRER this morning, again thinking Why am I bothering? Please select a reason for escalating this post to the WTE moderators: Connect with our community members by starting a discussion. Group Leaders arent expected to spend any additional time in the community, and are not held to a set schedule. l. lace224. Wow, how frustrating for you! June 14, 2022; idioms for beautiful nature If I had known I was pregnant I would have totally freaked out over the bleeding! i thought it was just a weird af nothing more, i woke up at about 3am in so much pain i couldn't walk, went to the hospital to be told i was pregnant 7WEEKS!!!! Thinking of you and hope everything is ok. Take care. Get weekly updates on baby and your body. A short luteal phase can make it difficult to conceive. Dear luhunnie, sorry to her you haven't had the result you hoped for yet. Keep in mind that implantation bleeding will happen before a missed period. Having back pain now too :(. I don't want to worry you but i would go to your doctors or emergency hospital asap as you can never be to sure on eptopic's. what was your story? . Weve been ttc for 10 cycles now. i had no idea at all, but i did carry on to miscarry. Congrats! But then I had ovary pain on the 21 of February three days before my period was due so I think I may have ovulated later then I thoug and the spotting could off just been because my cyle was off. short period then bfp. If it was brown or mostly brown blood that's spotting, which can be completely normal for many women, no need to worry! Thought it might be an evap so I took another HPT and the faint line appeared within the minute. As far as I know I'm CD11 and waiting to O in a few days or week. Good luck & a happy, healthy 9 months:), Sounds like heavy ib to me. Because of recently being pregnant. Lol hope this helps. Came back with a bfn , well I kept testing and Feb 27 I got my bfp . Keep us posted! Periods are regular with a 28 day cycle.My last "real period" was the 24th July. It is not necessarily easy to get pregnant with a very short period as many times this indicates a thin uterine lining which is not a good environment for implantation to occur in but it is still possible. :-). take care and let us know how you get on hun. I think I ovulated later than usual that cycle. 28/11/2015 00:23. Your last period must have been IP! They can't see me till December 22. Af started sat, was light which is unusual and has tappered off to spotting since monday. To preface, I was meant to ovulate way back on the 3rd but when I got close to my period I took an ovulation test and it was blazingly positive. I need help, i'm so confused!!! After that I started SPOTTING for 2 days on April 22 and 23 (now this is the tricky part, I NEVER spot before AF) so I decided to wait until the end of the month to test. What to Expect has thousands of open discussions happening each day. Vicious stomach bug during the tww. Please whitelist our site to get all the best deals and offers from our partners. As far as I know I'm CD11 and waiting to O in a few days or week. It gradually stopped within a week but I still had brown spotting.

Is Wes Still On Crikey It's The Irwins, Articles S