maroondah council election candidates

Over the past two years, I have been your independent voice on council championing safer local roads and footpaths; inclusive community services and facilities, particularly for migrant groups and those with varying abilities and special needs; improving and protecting our parks and reserves, and defending against inappropriate development; investments in youth and seniors programs and services; ongoing support for families, parents and careers; and support to lift local trade and commerce.Vote 1 Cr Tasa Damante. There is nothing for Croydon South or Bayswater North in the 2020 budget except for the maximum 2% rate and 6% garbage charge increases in this Pandemic Year. I will advocate to ensure there is not an over development of Eastfield Park. (2) Increase grant opportunities and bring together environmental leaders to support accelerator programs where community members can get involved to come up with solutions that are sustainable for the environment, What environmental issues in Maroondah do you regard as needing strong action now? By working together with State and Federal governments Maroondah has received funding for community facilities like Maroondah Nets, the HE Parker sporting pavilion and the Athletics Pavilion at Proclamation Park. Maroondah is also represented on the Eastern Alliance for Greenhouse Action, which provides regular reports to Council. This is why I supported Maroondahs Climate Change Risk and Adaptation Strategy, Vegetation Strategy 2020- 2030, and Children and Families Strategy during my time on Council. Maroondah Access, Inclusion and Equity Advisory Committee, Maroondah Community Health and Wellbeing Advisory Committee, Maroondah Liveability, Safety and Amenity Advisory Committee, Maroondah City Council Electoral Representation Review, Indoor cricket training centre at Jubilee Park taking shape, Reusable Nappy Program set to help families, Help shape our new Play and Gathering Places Strategy, Council endorses the Melbourne East Regional Sport and Recreation Strategy, Council adopts Maroondah Housing Strategy: 2022 Refresh, Do the right thing and pick up after your dog, Support for the 16 Days of Activism campaign, Share your thoughts on the Norwood Reserve draft enhancement plan, Have your say on the Woodland Park draft enhancement plan, New Mayor Cr Rob Steane to lead Council for 2022/23, Council wins Tennis Victoria award for Local Government, Maroondah part of collaborative feasibility study into uptake of reusable nappies, Make mental health a priority this October, Caring for our carers during National Carers Week, Giving thanks to our incredible seniors this October, Council adopts Maroondah Extreme Sports Strategy, FOGO kits to support households divert food waste from landfill, Seventy-three recipients share in over $208,000 in community grants, Council adopts the Sustainability Strategy 2022-2031, Geoffrey Moss honoured with 2022 Bill Wilkins Volunteer Award, A big thank you to our wonderful volunteers, 2022-23 Arts and Cultural Grant recipients announced, 2022 Community Satisfaction Survey: see how you rated your Council, Tips for maintaining your wood heater this winter, Council adopts Maroondah Disability Action Plan 2022-2026, Celebrating our artistic Indigenous community at Maroondah Federation Estate, Maroondah unveils new Child Safety and Wellbeing Policy as a Child Safe Organisation. Are cars electric, LPG?, what sort of heating/cooling do they use, is passive heating part of council design? Mental health will become more of an issue, more people have had their income slashed, home schooling has had a stressfuleffect on students & parents, isolation & social distancing has been hard on all of us, even my own business is closed until December, we need people who really understand the situation, who know the struggles of making every dollar count. Maps of the new ward boundaries are available below. I would like to see more established and ongoing community forums, and advisory groups of representatives, like Transition Towns Maroondah, and other local environmental and conservation, and historical groups. o Working well o Other (Please describe).. 20990, Notice of Intention to Amend Road Management Plan, Waste disposal services - contract no. facebook.com/Elect-Jo-anne-Taylor-Wicklow-ward-MaroondahCouncil-2020-114308203750519, https://www.facebook.com/SteveKentforMaroondahCouncil, https://www.facebook.com/councillor.nora.lamont. I will work to ensure that the Council continues to deliver high-quality Services that assist youth, seniors and families from all faiths and cultures. Vote 1 Peter Salloum and vote 2 Les Willmott, then other candidates in your order of choice. Seven candidates have qualified for the ballot in the special election to replace former Los Angeles City Councilmember Nury Martinez, according to the City Clerk. I will keep Ringwood and Dorset Golf as 18-hole courses, upgrading facilities at both, and increase Councils budget for new footpaths, after more than tripling it over the last 4 years. We will need to consider how we can link our local parks, gardens and reserves as available recess and lunchtime breakout areas, and how old industrial sites might be converted to school sites in the future. citizenship and awards, Engineering Development Design Guidelines. There are elections in England on 4 May 2023. As a rate payer, I want, like everyone, accountability and transparency around expenditure of rates. Check OKC ward map, where to vote and more. I have lived and worked in Maroondah for 45 years. D. D. R. Following the 2020 presidential election, 62.2% of Utahns lived in one of the state's 26 Solid Republican counties, which voted for the Republican presidential candidate in every election from 2012 to 2020, and 37.5% lived in one of two Trending Democratic counties: Salt Lake and Summit. Improved protections for residents against inappropriate development?b. That means a return to basic values and basic rights! Its possible an extensive public education campaign could help, and even improved surveillance or inspections of certain properties identified as having significant vegetation (especially native vegetation) coverage requiring protection. I support the need for council to provide more in relation to rate and fee concessions, waivers and relief to the many businesses that have been affected. Lets not just buy local, lets employ local. Opening up new housing opportunities for people to move into our wonderful municipality must be done in a responsible way. Type a minimum of three characters then press UP or DOWN on the keyboard to navigate the autocompleted search results. 20945, Gym equipment - strength - Contract no. As your local representative on council, I see all your good work, and you have my full support. beside the land swap there is another $23m in this years budget for what? Maroondah region The Federal election was held on Saturday 21 May, 2022. I am retired so I can freely put my time into the responsibilities of being a Councillor. I will advocate for more local, state and federal government funding to support youth focused counselling and welfare programs, family support programs and initiatives, and resilience and mindfulness programs for those who need it. Your enquiries about candidates should be directed to the relevant candidate. Some are but most arent. 20878, Adoption of Council Plan 2017-2021 (2018/19 Update) and Budget 2018/2019, Ringwood East Shopping Centre Proposed Declaration of Special Rate Scheme, Draft Maroondah Affordable and Social Housing Policy & Draft Maroondah Gambling Policy, Maroondah City Council Extraordinary Vacancy - Maroondah Leader - 3 July 2018, Notice of Tender - Pool Boiler Replacement - Contract No. Please contact eProcure on 1800 . I volunteer locally. I love this community and I want to see it thrive. Lets start fresh and get back to basics! I will advocate for council to maintain and improve the vital local community services, including aged and disability services. by admin | Oct 8, 2020 | Uncategorized | 0 comments. I feel that we should be represented by people who live in the communities that theyre elected to represent. Our elderly have been treated as disposable lately. Day time in person and evenings on Zoom or similar perhaps. View the Maroondah City Council 2020 results. I moved into the area as a very young, disadvantaged child in desperate need of a new beginning. I have lived in Maroondah for all my life and grew up in South Croydon. Overall, Utah was Solid Republican, having voted . Question 6. My name is David White. In my relatively short time coming from Vermont South Ive seen a lot of Ringwood, and a lot that can be improved! Where do you find your information on Climate Change?Usually abc news or google for things, david Attenborough, my partner is usually all over that sort of news so we talk about it. We need responsible development of community infrastructure and to ensure that new developments are appropriate to the area, of a high quality and meet high sustainability benchmarks. All these things can be realistically achieved. What we need are Councillors who are not politicians but real people who care about their community, are compassionate enough to look after everyone in this crisis and connect us not divide us along party lines. I have volunteered for local organisations associated with the council , participated in fundraising activities for the RMH, Movember, Cancer Council Victoria, Eastern Health and RSPCA. Hi Tarralla Ward residents: My Name is Jay Bhat, and I am running to be your local council representative for the city of Maroondah. Maroondah City Council elections were conducted by the Victorian Electoral Commission on 24 October 2020. I want to hear your voices and what matters to you, please contact me on E: SaarahForMaroondah@gmail.com, M: 0452 603 135 or FB: @SaarahforMaroondah, Where do you find your information on Climate Change? Those advocacy skills ensured that at the last federal election, as Mayor, I was able to secure over $140m in funding for Maroondah. I advocated more strongly than others to ensure Aquanation received state and federal funding and got built, resulting in the magnificent facility that provides a return to ratepayers. are they attainable? We need councillors who listen to all the community, not just the groups with the loudest voices. 20943, Sports lighting upgrade - contract no. Remember to fill in all the boxes on your ballot paper to make sure your vote counts. I have also worked on Belmont Park, South Croydon Scouts, Croydon Soccer Club and METEC Committees. Remember to fill in all the boxes on your ballot paper to make sure your vote counts. I have a Graduate Diploma in Arts from the University of Melbourne which is excellent training for balancing issues faced by Council. 20976, High voltage relocation - contract no. I wish to redraft the Croydon Civic Centre Masterplan to ensure that U3A Croydon and the Croydon RSL and Croydon Bowls Club and other community organisations get decent accommodation. See above! I come from among us, as a Croydon small business owner and resident, parent of school and kinder aged children, active member of local soccer, baseball and tennis clubs, and Scouts group. You will be able to unsubscribe at any time. 20964, Carpark lighting installation - contract no. Tarralla Ward is a wonderful community to live in. Protecting our unique biodiversity. Why or why not? NOTICE: The contents of candidate statements were provided by the candidates and from their responses to the Victorian Electoral Commission, for your reference here. Pot holes and rough roads affecting our cars! Bringing Our Community Together. How do you think the outcomes can be improved within your capacity as a Councillor?a. In Ward 5 which encompasses southwest Oklahoma City largely between Interstate 44 and S Santa Fe Avenue Councilman David Greenwell stepped aside to make way for four candidates to run for his seat held since 2011. I have no interest in being a Council bureaucrat, rather a Community agent who will provide end to end municipal service to you. I want to ensure local traders are given support, so our community shopping strips not only survive but flourish. Maroondah has recently adopted its Climate Change Risk and Adaptation Strategy and Vegetation Strategy 2020-2030, among other related strategies, which I have supported and will work to ensure they are properly implemented. Why or why not?Yes. Vote 1 for Veronica Stevens for McAlpin Ward. I will consult with community on all big decisions and will always address your concerns. Improving car parking at stations and shopping centres. In the current climate and over the next 4 years it will be hard, really hard. Upgrading community and sporting facilities for more inclusive activities. $2.3m increased investment on footpaths across the municipality, reviewed, updated and introduced the Disability Policy and Action Plan for 2019-2021, $2.7m Coopersmith Pavilion at East Ringwood Reserve including the Chin Community Hub, new Maroondah Golf Strategy, Dog Park at Eastfield reserve, Annual Maroondah Kindergarten Expo and much more. What environmental issues in Maroondah do you regard as needing strong action now?We need to make where possible a transition to viable renewable energy sources. Since then, Council spent $54M and borrowed $25M to build the Ringwood Pool and have budgeted $28M to relocate the offices to Eastland. Many residents in the Ruskin Park Neighbourhood believe the current rate and nature of residential development in this area, has been detrimental to the character of the neighbourhood in respect to the canopy and the objectives of the SLO4 overlay. Council needs to do its part in reducing Greenhouse emissions. I am a former geography teacher so I am very aware of where I and how I should be educating myself on this critical issue. I am also a member of the amazing Eastern Regional Coop and have a strong environmental sustainability focus. 8. Improved protections for residents against inappropriate developmentb. What would you like to do regarding better community consultation from the council?I would like to investigate new ways of engaging the community such that it is easier and more transparent to access council, see how council members voted, and put views forward to council. We need Councillors that understand these are unusual times and we need to change services & the way they are delivered. In addition to what we are already doingId love for our whole municipality to become a carbon sink and be emissions negative play our role in draw-down, FOGO and extensive food-waste reduction education campaigns, be able to fine developers a very substantial amount of money for illegal removal of trees, complete the Tarralla Creek re-naturalisation project and expand this to our other urban waterways. We have updated Part 1 of our guidance for Candidates and Agents to reflect this. An eighth candidate is running a . Ringwood VIC 3134 20962, Floodlighting upgrade - contract no. I am not a member of any political party, nor am I a career politician. Why or why not?The overall information points towards this, the data is compelling and I will always rely on the expertise of environmental scientists. As a former President of the Ringwood Highland Games I recognise the value of community events and the many hard-working volunteers who put in so much time and effort to make these events happen. A healthy community is a happy community. Maroondah is on an exciting sustainability and livability journey and I want to keep bringing my energy, passion and experience of developing equitable policies and innovative thinking to the decision making table. Vote 1 Todd Greaney for Tarralla Ward. What I am is a working resident of Ringwood who has had enough of council bureaucracy. 0419 334 794 rob@liqcon.com.auhttps://www.facebook.com/crrob.steane. We need improvements around neighbourhood hubs and to keep upgrading our playgrounds, kinders, community and sports facilities. Yes. Question 3. Part of living in a democracy is undertaking your civic duty and engaging with government Im glad Transition Towns does this on a regular basis. As your Councillor I will fight for; a compassionate Council that cares for the community, more opportunities for local employment and local business, infrastructure that enables and connects people, protection of a leafy green Maroondah, and a transparent Council that keeps the community informed. Enlighten set to delight viewers in Ringwood Town Square, Notice of Intention to Sell Land - The Age & Maroondah Leader - 6 February 2018, Notice of Intention to Sell Land - The Age - 9 February 2018, Security & CCTV Services - Contract No. Yes I agree that council should declare a climate emergency because global warming is getting out of control. How do you think the outcomes can be improved within your capacity as a Councillor?a. Mother. And better representation at VCAT hearings. Council adopts 2022/23 Budget with $51.69m investment in capital works projects. Ill fight hard to achieve the following: Rate relief for struggling families with a zero per cent rate increase in the next council budget; Expand our maternal and child health services; Efficiently managed local government Early Education Centres to meet the current booming demand in our City for places; Increase home support services for our isolated elderly; Protection of our natural habitat and public open spaces; Fight for our fair share of Federal and State Government funding for local roads and traffic management; Targeted development programmes for small and homebased businesses, to help grow jobs locally; Remove all graffiti from our City in a major clean-up drive; Beautification of our precious parklands; Improve participation rates in sports by having better facilities and higher quality ovals and grounds. The Reformed Residential Zones (State Planning Scheme) were enacted in 2014. I kindly ask for your vote. Over the years I have served on numerous government committees and on the committees of the Ringwood and Croydon Chambers of Commerce, Maroondah HomeBiz, National Council of National Seniors Australia, the board of Life Activities Clubs Victoria and the Maroondah Photographic Society. Tarralla and Maroondah for that matter are part of a rich ecosystem that needs to be protected for future generations to come. 20935, Floodlighting upgrade - contract no. In fact, Ive lived in our community for 58 years. There is not much point if the wider community doesnt know about it. Myself, partner and our 5 kids are blessed to call Maroondah home. We were drawn to living in this beautiful part of the world because of the lovely greenery, easy access to public transport and great shops, and most importantly, the wonderful community. I want that changed! I will use my experience to continue to work on behalf of businesses in Maroondah to ensure their growth, cut red tape that hinders them, and focus on our ability to attract and retain new business. 20942, Depot waste collection services - contract no. Many residents in the Ruskin Park Neighbourhood believe the current rate and nature of residential development in this area, has been detrimental to the character of the neighbourhood in respect to the canopy and the objectives of the SLO4 overlay. Maintaining core service levels while fighting to eliminate waste in Councils budget and operations. What would you like to do regarding better community consultation from the council?To hold more consultative meetings and have community workshops. My husband and I are raising our 2 kids in Croydon North. If you give me the privilege of representing you on Council, rest assured that I will listen to you and work for you. I cherish the fact that local sports and recreation, which has played such a big role in my life, is now being taken up by my kids. Weve all had to dig in deep and make many sacrifices. A widower with a daughter and granddaughter, both of whom live in Maroondah, I am retired after a successful career in Information Technology and Logistics. No more $20m spent on new council offices, + another $23m in this years budget to fit out ($43m to date) the biggest single budget item, no more regional facilities that are available in every other council, no more money wasting, its not an endless resource. Our environment is important. The following candidates are declared elected. I believe that it is important to work with other levels of government for better results in all matters facing our community. See the Australian Electoral Commission website to find out which Federal electorate you live in. Do you see a role for Maroondah Council to liaise with Yarra Ranges Council to achieve better overall landscaping outcomes?Yes, this can be a dialogue conducted through direct, interpersonal channels as well as through more formal channels like the Eastern Region Group of Councils. Im a mother of two young children and a Manager of an Early Childhood Learning Centre. 21001, Receipt and sort recyclables - contract no. How do you believe these zones are working in Maroondah? I have been a community representative for local councils and NGOs, advocating for communities on both local and global platforms. I will protect Maroondahs leafy green suburbs by advocating for sensible town planning, so we do not have inappropriate structures within our community. To do this we need sound planning provisions and councillors with the strength and experience to enforce them. Current councillors Barngeong Ward GRAHAM, Marijke Bungalook Ward DIB, Tony Jubilee Ward SYMON, Mike McAlpin Ward STOJANOVIC, Suzanne Tarralla Ward MACDONALD, Paul Wicklow Ward DAMANTE, Tasa Wombolano Ward SPEARS, Kylie Wonga Ward HANCOCK, Linda ( by-election results) Yarrunga Ward How would the developer access to work on the subdivision and when the subdivision is finished will all the local roads be opened as through roads for the new estate? This candidate has refused to take the pledge or demonstrated a lack of support for LGBTIQA+ priorities. It would be an honour to represent you on the Maroondah City Council. I will be an advocate for the smaller issues we have, such as emptying bins at our parks, getting the unfinished footpaths to full footpaths in our streets, and keeping residents informed about developments in our area. Our children have asked for more places to ride their bikes. Other (Please describe). I will continue to be a voice for fiscal restraint. What most innovative action would you like the council to make in response to local environmental issues? Ill inject funding into junior sports, create first class sporting facilities, and upgrade rooms to be female friendly, which will also assist to improve female participation in local sports. (Courtesy photo) Diaz, 24, is a Denver native hoping to become the youngest member in the history of the Denver City Council. Tell us your email address and we'll email you when this page is updated in any way. Council being the final Responsible Authority/decision maker for all residential development in Maroondah?d. I would be humbled to be your local representative, and I give you my assurance that I will listen to you, and I will act in the best interests of our community. Four Oklahoma City council seats are on the ballot this February in an election where representatives will be chosen for about half of the city's residents. 20920, Notice of Intention to Sell Land - 45, 47 and 49 Eastfield Road, Ringwood East, Golf cart path construction - Contract no.20921, Project management services - Car park redevelopment EOI - Contract no. I am running because I have a vision to represent and be an advocate for our diverse and growing community during these unprecedented times. Registrations now open! I have the energy and enthusiasm to make a positive contribution to our local council. 20922, Adoption of Council Plan 2017-2021 (2019/20 Update) and Budget 2019/20, Notice of intention to discontinue road and sell land, Amenities refurbishment - contact no. Thank you to all the neighbours who check in on one another. Ballot packs have been posted, you simply need to vote numbering each box, and posting back. Even if replanting occurs, biodiversithy is lost. Council adopts Maroondah Housing Strategy: 2022 Refresh Council endorses the Melbourne East Regional Sport and Recreation Strategy Local events See all events 14 Feb In/Visible: Persephone Thacker 14 Feb OMISSION: Ciaran Frame and Amber Cronin 24 Feb LGBTI+ Peer Social Support Group (aged 50+) What will you do as a Councillor to address these issues?Given the impact of COVID-19 on the economy, joblessness and economic hardship is going to be the biggest issue for us. I look forward to representing you in council and providing a clear and balanced voice that reflects the views of our wonderful local community. Local planning laws that require a detailed assessment of the cumulative impact of development on neighbourhood character and streetscapes prior to any approval?c. If elected, I will work with other like-minded Councillors to have a moratorium on rate increases to minimise the financial impact on families and local businesses. I am a proud resident of Maroondah and the Wombolano ward where I live with my husband and four children. Families and elderly residents simply cant afford rate increases in the current economic environment. What will you do as a Councillor to address these issues?1.Rate increases kept to a minimum.2.Loss of canopy trees and our green environment and Heritage buildings because of inappropriate development.3.Selling of council owned assets and public open space because of councils increasing high debt. I will continue advocating for the Croydon level crossing removal. We will need to identify and reserve sites for new schools in the coming decade. December 4, 2023. Vote 1 Les Willmott OAM.

Can I Use Zelle Without A Social Security Number, Apartments In Bonn, Germany, Brandon Trust Staff Links, Articles M